Wednesday, 25 February 2009

Dahon Speed D7 has its first bus journey

The Dahon has had a couple of new firsts today. Here was my predicament: I had to get me and my son into town to meet my wife, who would take Harry and from then on I’d jump a train to Manchester and then bike the last 3 miles to the Velodrome for the Revolution Track Meeting.  

With a normal bike I’d be absolutely snookered, but with the Dahon I could just walk with Harry to the bus stop, fold the bike, jump on, stow the bike in the luggage rack. I got off in town and met Su and my eldest son Tom. Because the seamlessness of the journey, we had time to get coffee (another first for the Dahon) before we all went our separate ways. Su to the hairdressers with Harry, Tom back home and me to Lime Street station. Of course, the Dahon sat happily by our table in CafĂ© Nero as we had coffee and hot chocolate, attracting its usual share of bemused, amused and admiring glances.  

The Dahon is now sporting a honey coloured Brooks today, swapped out from the big green country bike, which is getting more envious by the day. 

No comments: