Wednesday, 11 February 2009

‘Outward Folding’ Handlepost for Dahon?


One thing that’s missing from Dahon’s impressive range is a ‘custom shop’ where you can buy mods and upgrades to tailor your bike to your needs.

One thing that would really open up possibilities for me is if an outward folding handlepost was available as an aftermarket item. There are a few Dahon Models which use this – the Speed TR (pictured) and Speed Pro TT in the current range – the Hon Solo (why did it disappear from the range!) all used this post, which allowed more interesting handlebar setups to be accommodated. The Dahon Speed D7 uses a handlepost that folds inside the folded bike package, which is great for compact folding, but means you have to fiddle with the post and handlebar adjustment each time you do the full fold. I’d prefer a handlepost that allowed me to leave my bars in a set position, or would let me alter stem lengths, a la Bike Friday, or even put drops or moustache bars on the bike.

Does anyone know if/where this post is available separately?

2 comments:

Mark said...

Funny.. got a Vitesse 7HG and I'm thinking exactly the same thing myself. Get in touch with Andrew at Fudge's Cycles sales@fudgescyclestore.com
Hope that helps.
Cheers
Mark Brown

EddieA said...

Thanks for the tip mark - I'll check Fudge out!