Friday, 20 February 2009

Primal Blueprint - Update

Primal Blueprint – Update 

Four days into radically changing my eating in accordance with the Primal Blueprint.

So, four days without bread, pasta, rice, potatoes, beans and pulses. I really thought I couldn’t do it. The foods listed about made up a huge amount of my normal intake and were in food terms, my best friends. But here I am, not craving any of them, not feeling bloated or hungry and not experiencing that ‘boom to bust’ sugar feeling that I used to get when eating lots of carbs.

I’ve been exercising normally – lots of walking, commute-paced cycling, plus some weights and today, 1 ½ hours of swimming with Harry and his friend. No food cravings, no feeling that I’m running on empty.

I don’t feel that my digestive system is working overtime anymore and my moods seem really stable, something which in the past, fluctuated with my sugar intake. I used to blame caffeine, but now I think I’ve found the culprit.

Looking forward to my first weigh in on Tuesday morning, where I’ll find out if there has been an initial loss. To be honest I won’t be too fazed if there isn’t. I’m not ‘dieting’ in the conventional sense. So if I lose it slowly but find a way of eating that I can stick with for life, without obsessive calorie counting or self-flagellation, or indeed obsessive exercising, all the better. 

No comments: